So today I did a test run of livestreaming games on Twitch! What fun! Here’s what the process basically looked like:
- Look up “OBS” because I couldn’t remember what it was called. (Sounds like you’re saying, “Oh, B.S.!” Think I’ll remember that now.)
- Find YouTube tutorials for setting up OBS.
- Install OBS. Follow tutorials for settings.
- Link OBS to my Twitch channel (NegativePrimes, though there isn’t really anything of interest there yet).
- Run Closers, and set up an OBS ‘scene’ for it. Click “Start Streaming” and—
Holy Thunder Lizards!!! I’m streaming a game live to the entire Internet! That’s so COOL!
Then I asked one of my buddies to watch and tell me what it looked like on his end so I could tweak the settings. That was it! The process was remarkably painless. Got a few more things to refine, and then I’ll give an ‘official’ shot at it. Looks like a lot of fun!
Watch this space for more updates!